Saturday, May 9, 2009

i miss this

I've realized recently that I miss writing here. Not that I did it so often before, but I liked it when I did. I'm going to try to do it more often when fall rolls around. I'm sure my last two semesters will provide me with plenty of fodder about GW.

I, in general, love being in Egypt. With that said, after being here for over 3 months, I am definitely ready to come home. Having never been out of the States for any real length of time before, I will definitely appreciate a lot of things when I come home. Like: fast internet (it is awful here), CVS (seriously, it would make life so much more convenient. I had a minor pregnancy scare a few weeks back and didn't know where to buy a pregnancy test. A CVS would have solved that. I wasn't pregnant, obviously), sandwich shops (I have learned to love fool and falafel but I miss Au Bon Pain), being able to drink tap water, not getting hissed at in the street, having boys in my room (even just for innocent reasons), being in the same time zone as the people I love.

My 21st birthday is coming up. I'm not sure how I'm going to spend it. Hopefully something fun and exciting without landing me in an Egyptian prison. We'll see. This will be my first birthday in my whole life where I don't see my mom. That's weird.

Ok, I'll try to post a bit in my last few weeks here. Need to get in the habit and what not.

No comments: